For ATSC 3.0 datacasting to reach its full potential, broadcasters are collaborating to offer spectrum as data networks with regional or national coverage. There are initiatives to aggregate ATSC 3.0 spectrum from high power broadcasters, low power broadcasters, religious broadcasters, and public broadcasters. Attendees will hear from leaders representing all these organizations, learn the current state of ATSC 3.0 wireless data transport coverage, and hear first-hand from spectrum aggregators how they propose to work with clients to provide a more cost-effective delivery service.
Topics to be covered include
• A description and station count of the current aggregated networks and their plans to expand.
• Who sells the aggregated spectrum, broadcaster or aggregator?
• How does ATSC 3.0 broadcast spectrum get networked, metered, and paid for?
• How could the ATSC 3.0 datacasting model for public broadcasters work?
• Is there a need to aggregate all the spectrum aggregators together?
• Use of ATSC 3.0 spectrum to enhance CDN operations (ARK Multicast)
• Use of ATSC 3.0 spectrum to enhance geolocation (BitPath)
President of ONE Media 3.0 and EVP Advanced Technology, Sinclair Broadcast Group
• John Hane, President of BitPath
• Stacey Decker, Senior VP of Innovation and System Strategies, The Corporation for Public Broadcasting
• Josh Weiss, CEO of ARK Multicast
Time- Mar 9, 2023 01:00 PM in Eastern Time (US and Canada)