Targeted ad delivery, data management, and analytics
The ATSC 3.0 feature promising the most immediate financial potential for broadcasters will be targeted advertising because selling media is already in their wheelhouse.
The shift to targeted advertising will not be just a technical transition. Broadcasters will need to deal with data, new partners, and new sales approaches that will take time to implement. In this presentation, industry leaders involved in the development of ATSC 3.0 ad targeting capabilities will outline the business opportunities and steps needed to achieve them.
Topics will include:
– Building TV station workflow for targeted advertising
– How OTT can be the path to ATSC 3.0
– Creating a 1st party data strategy (data about your viewers)
– Strategies for using 3rd party (“intent to buy”) data
– What broadcaster targeted ad products will look like
– Outlook for TV performance-based advertising and targeted advertising
– The Broadcast hybrid advertising model
Gordon Borrell, CEO, Borrell Associates
Evan Daugherty, Regional Sales Manager, Sinclair Broadcast Group
Rick Ducey, Managing Director, BIA Kelsey
Harold S. Geller, Executive Director, Ad-ID, a partnership between the Association of National Advertisers (ANA) and the American Association of Advertising Agencies (4As)
Moderator: Josh Gordon, Television Industry Strategist, Josh Gordon Group